Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Favorite Pictures of Summer #4



One of my most fond memories of the trip was an incredible sunset from on top of Cedar Mesa.

I had heard this place was wonderful and I didn't know if I could believe it before hand. When we arrived some people were out camping on the point where the group wanted to camp, I remember getting very frustrated.

Then the magic of the mesa began to capture me.............

The feeling of not being surrounded by thousands of tourists was gone, the simple but elegant beauty of the area was right in front of me and the frustration was worn away and turned to joy. I realized that I could see Monument Valley in the far distance, the Goosenecks of the San Juan River below me, and after the most incredible sunset, the billion stars in the sky from my cot on the slickrock. Cedar Mesa is now one of my favorite spots.

No comments: