Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Favorite Pictures of the Summer #2


This photo is a dream come true and one of the things I wanted to do the most while on the trip, Delicate Arch at sunset. After climbing the 1.5 miles up the slickrock trail, walking around the corner and for the first time standing in the presence of the most famous arch in the world with a added bonus of seeing it at sunset. A large group congregates to take pictures of the arch and it is not quite what I expected. Not to worry, there are places if solitude is wanted, but I am not going to tell you the spots, you are just going to have to explore to find out for yourself. So I recommend this hike at sunset if ever in Arches National Park. It is not one to miss and is one of those must see moments on every geologist's list.

No comments: